The Australian TV personality's current affairs series 6.30 with George Negus, which premiered earlier this year, is said to be under threat as up to 100 Channel Ten staff could be facing redundancy.
A spokesperson for the network would not confirm the job cuts, but told the Herald Sun: "As we announced on April 7 at our half-year results, a strategic cost restructuring of the business is under way."
Staff affected by the redundancies are thought to be the journalists Ten hired for its news and current affairs departments.
Since its launch, Negus's programme has had poor viewer ratings. Although audience figures did jump slightly when it was moved from 6pm to 6.30pm, it has consistently rated fewer than half a million viewers nationally.
In February, Negus was dubbed too "indulgent" by industry insiders, with one source saying that "the predominance of overseas stories was unwise" and "not calculated to build ratings". At the time, Ten insisted that they would support Negus as they were in it for the "long haul".
There are also rumours that Ten bosses are planning to axe the channel's weekend news bulletin.