Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

Fun News

Firefighters tackle blaze at own station

By
5019 5020 240608 fire engine
Firefighters in Scotland had to tackle a blaze at their own station after an electrical fault caused a fire.

Staff at the station in Tobermory, Mull managed to put the fire out after a commander spotted smoke bellowing from the building. They drove their fire engines several yards from their bays to tackle the flames.

A source told The Sun: "It is not often a fire station goes up in flames. On the plus side the fire crew didn't have to go far to tackle it. I don't think they put the sirens on the engines."

Paul Connelly, Strathclyde Fire & Rescue's area commander for Argyll & Bute, said: "We congratulate Tobermory firefighters for the way that they have tackled and contained the fire.

"The fire is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault. This serves to remind everyone that fires can start anywhere - even in fire stations."

The station is on the same street that children's TV show Balamory was filmed on.

You May Like