Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy
0

Fun News

Puppy saved by vet with vodka

By
Vodka

© stock.xchng

A puppy in Truganina, Australia is alive thanks to vodka.

Cleo - an American Staffordshire terrier - fell ill with ethylene glycol poisoning while in a garage and was rushed to a vet.

She had consumed radiator fluid after licking spare car parts, according to News.com.au.

As alcohol was the only way to treat the illness, Cleo recovered when the vet gave her more than a bottle of vodka, spread across six-hour intervals over two days.

The dog's 27-year-old owner Stacey Zammit recalled: "The next time I saw her, I asked if she was wasted and the vet was like, 'Yeah'.

"Cleo had really bloodshot eyes and she was pretty unsteady. She couldn't move around much because she was so wasted.

"She slept a lot and she was eating a lot, but she seems really happy now."

You May Like

Comments

Loading...