The handheld's gameplay life will operate similarly to the Nintendo 3DS, according to MCV.
Meanwhile, watching a video will see Vita last between five and seven hours, while music will take nine hours.
PlayStation Vita will take approximately two hours and 40 minutes to charge from an empty battery.
Sony has also released the full specifications listing for the system at Tokyo Game Show 2011, including processor speeds, RAM and connectivity options.
PlayStation Vita will have a December release date in Japan, and is to launch alongside 26 games.
More news from Tokyo Game Show 2011:
> Sony conference live blog - Tokyo Game Show 2011
> Final Fantasy X coming to PlayStation 3, Vita
> Metal Gear Solid, Zone of the Enders HD collections coming to PlayStation Vita
> Read more of our Tokyo Game Show 2011 coverage
Read the PlayStation Vita specifications listing in full:
- Model number: PCH-1000 series
- CPU: ARM® Cortex™-A9 core (4 core)
- GPU: SGX543MP4+
- Main memory: 512MB
- VRAM: 128MB
- External Dimensions: Approx. 182.0 x 18.6 x 83.5mm (width x height x
depth) (tentative, excludes largest projection)
- Weight Approx: 279g (3G/Wi-Fi model), 260g (Wi-Fi model)
- Screen: 5 inches (16:9), 960 x 544, Approx. 16 million colours, OLED, Multi touch screen (capacitive type)
- Rear touch pad: Multi touch pad (capacitive type)
- Cameras: Front camera, Rear camera; Frame rate: 120fps@320x240(QVGA), 60fps@640x480(VGA); Resolution: Up to 640x480(VGA)
- Sound: Built-in stereo speakers, built-in microphone
- Sensors: Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer), Threeaxis electronic compass
- Location: Built-in GPS (3G/Wi-Fi model only), Wi-Fi location service support
- Keys/Switches: PS button, power button, directional buttons (Up/Down/Right/Left), action buttons (Triangle, Circle, Cross, Square), shoulder buttons (Right/Left), right stick, left stick, START button, SELECT button, volume buttons (+/-)
- Wireless communications: Mobile network connectivity (3G/Wi-Fi model only), 3G modem (data communication): HSDPA/HSUPA *specification for Japanese region, IEEE 802.11b/g/n (n = 1x1)(Wi-Fi) (Infrastructure mode/Ad-hoc mode), Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR ?A2DP/AVRCP/HSP?
- Slots/Ports: PlayStation®Vita card slot, memory card slot, SIM card slot (3G/Wi-Fi model only), multi-use port (for USB data communication, DC IN, Audio [Stereo Out / Mono In], Serial data communication), headset jack (Stereo mini jack) (for Audio [Stereo Out / Mono In]), accessory port
- Power: Built-In Lithium-ion Battery: DC3.7V 2200mA, AC adaptor: DC 5V
- Operating environment temperature: 5??35?
- Supported AV content format: Music - MP3 MPEG-1/2 Audio Layer 3, MP4 (MPEG-4 AAC), WAVE (Linear PCM). Videos - MPEG-4 Simple Profile (AAC), H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High/Main/Baseline Profile (AAC). Photos - JPEG (Exif 2.2.1), TIFF, BMP, GIF, PNG