It has beaten Modern Warfare 3 despite the shooter topping the all-formats, Xbox 360 and PS3 charts and seeing the most successful entertainment launch of all time.
Meanwhile, last week's number one Football Manager 2012 drops to third with L.A. Noire debuting in tenth place.
The top ten in full:
1. (-) The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda Softworks)
2. (-) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
3. (1) Football Manager 2012 (Sega)
4. (2) Battlefield 3 (Electronic Arts)
5. (3) The Sims 3: Pets (Electronic Arts)
6. (4) The Sims 3 (Electronic Arts)
7. (5) The Sims 3: Generations (Electronic Arts)
8. (10) RAGE (Bethesda Softworks)
9. (7) The Sims 3: Late Night (Electronic Arts)
10. (-) L.A. Noire (Rockstar Games)
Leisure software charts compiled by Chart Track, (C) 2011 UKIE Ltd.
Watch The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim's announcement trailer below: