The news comes after this morning's announcement that GAME Group has entered administration.
Stores up and down the country have begun closing their doors, including branches in Birmingham New Street, Enfield, Croydon, Liverpool and Milton Keynes.
Remaining stores will no longer accept gift cards, and are unable to issue refunds or exchange goods for other products, reports MCV.
Both GAME and GameStation's websites have also been taken down, as administrators PwC (PricewaterhouseCoopers) review and process any outstanding orders.
PwC have issued a statement outlining the changes that have been made to the business, some of which are temporary, some permanent.
1. Online Sales: We expect some disruption to our online services over the next few days while we make some changes. We apologise for the inconvenience this causes.
2. Refunds and Exchanges: Until further notice, we will not be able to offer refunds or exchanges for products purchased either before the administration or for products purchased from the date of the administration.
3. Pre-Orders: No new pre-orders can be taken until further notice. No refunds can be given for any pre-order deposits which have been paid. We are reviewing this over the next week.
4. GAME Reward card: We have had to suspended use of GAME Reward Cards. This means that points can be earned but NOT redeemed until further notice.
5. Gift cards: We have also had to suspend GAME gift cards. The value on these cards cannot be redeemed. If this changes, we will let you know. We apologise for the inconvenience this causes.
6. GAMEWallet: the value stored in GAMEwallet accounts will be suspended until further notice following the appointment of administrators.
7. Pre-owned Software: You can still buy pre owned products at great prices in your local store or online. If you trade in a pre-owned software item then you will still be able to accrue reward points and use your trade in to exchange for another item. You will not be able to trade in pre-owned software for cash. If this changes, we will let you know. We apologise for the inconvenience this causes.
8. Pre-owned Hardware: We have had to suspend trade in for pre-owned hardware at this time. If this changes, we will let you know. We apologise for the inconvenience this causes.
9. Click and Collect titles: We have had to suspend this service. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
GAME Group announced its intentions to file for administration following last week's delisting from the London Stock Exchange.
GAME Group CEO Ian Shepherd resigned from his post earlier today, following the appointment of administrators.
The high street retailer's shares plummeted by 90% in 2011, despite £1 billion in annual turnover.
> Everything must go: Is this the death of games retail?
Photo gallery - view pictures from the Modern Warfare 3 launch at GAME: