The expansion features a slew of new content including four new chapters, six rooms, over 100 new items, new bosses and an additional ending.
The Binding of Isaac was released for PC and Mac in September 2011, reaching the milestone of 450,000 sales in January this year.
A version for the Nintendo 3DS was planned but refused by Nintendo, with developer Edmund McMillen attributing the decision to its "questionable religious content".
McMillen has since confirmed that he is in discussions with Sony about bringing the title to PlayStation platforms.
Binding of Isaac: Wrath of the Lamb is available now on PC through Steam for $2.99 (£1.85).
The full list of new features is as follows:
- 100+ new items (The game now has over 235 items);
- 5+ new chapters;
- 20+ new enemies;
- 25 new achievements;
- 15+ new bosses;
- 6+ new room types;
- 6+ new mysterious item drops (eternal hearts, playing cards, dimes and more);
- 5+ new music tracks by Danny B;
- A new item type, Trinkets;
- A new challenge mode with 10 unique challenges that unlock more content;
- A new unlockable character, Samson (The Beserker);
- A new final (final) chapter and boss with new endings;
- 'New random happenings, curses, blessings, npcs, fortune tellers and more'
Watch the 'Wrath of the Lamb' trailer for Binding of Isaac below: