It is once again followed by The Amazing Spider-Man in second and LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes in third.
At the tail-end of the chart, Max Payne 3 climbs three places to re-enter at eight, above fellow re-entry Batman: Arkham City at nine.
The top ten in full:
1. (1) London 2012: The Game (Sega)
2. (2) The Amazing Spider-Man (Activision)
3. (3) LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner Bros Interactive)
4. (7) Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
5. (12) Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Ubisoft)
6. (4) Spec Ops: The Line (2K Games)
7. (5) FIFA Street (Electronic Arts)
8. (11) Max Payne 3 (Rockstar)
9. (13) Batman: Arkham City (Warner Bros. Interactive)
10. (8) Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda Softworks)
Leisure software charts compiled by Chart Track, (C) 2012 UKIE Ltd.
Watch a trailer for London 2012: The Official Video Game below: