LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes and Batman: Arkham City held on to their high placements of the previous week, sitting in a respective second and third.
Capping off a successful week for superhero-themed titles, The Amazing Spider-Man was this week's big move, climbing three places to number four.
Elsewhere, Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed Revelations plummeted five places to number ten.
The top ten in full:
1. (1) London 2012: The Game (Sega)
2. (2) LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner Bros Interactive)
3. (4) Batman: Arkham City (Warner Bros Interactive)
4. (7) The Amazing Spider-Man (Activision)
5. (4) Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda Softworks)
6. (6) Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Ubisoft)
7. (8) Battlefield 3 (Electronic Arts)
8. (10) Call of Duty: Black Ops (Activision)
9. (16) Dead Island: Game of the Year Edition (Koch Media)
10. (5) Assassin's Creed Revelations (Ubisoft)
Leisure software charts compiled by Chart Track, (C) 2012 UKIE Ltd.
Watch a trailer for London 2012: The Official Video Game below: