It is followed by Bethesda's stealth action game Dishonored in second and Resident Evil 6 in third.
Elsewhere, XCOM: Enemy Unknown makes its debut at five, above the ever-present Skyrim at six and F1 2012, which drops to seven.
At the tail-end of the chart, Modern Warfare 3 climbs three places to re-enter at ten, below Ubisoft's interactive guitar teaching tool Rocksmith.
The top ten in full:
1. (1) FIFA 13 (Electronic Arts)
2. (-) Dishonored (Bethesda)
3. (2) Resident Evil 6 (Capcom)
4. (3) Borderlands 2 (2K Games)
5. (-) XCOM: Enemy Unknown (2K Games)
6. (5) The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
7. (4) F1 2012 (Codemasters)
8. (8) Sleeping Dogs (Square Enix)
9. (6) Rocksmith (Ubisoft)
10. (13) Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
Leisure software charts compiled by Chart Track, (C) 2012 UKIE Ltd.
Watch a trailer for FIFA 13 below: