The update fixes a number of issues, including the player becoming trapped in scenery, crowds being unable to spawn, animation glitches and mission-specific bugs.
Last week Medal of Honor: Warfighter received a release day update that addressed critical issues.
Earlier this week it was revealed that Assassin's Creed 3's multiplayer would be supported by micro-transactions.
Ubisoft recently confirmed that it will offer a season pass for Assassin's Creed 3 DLC, which will include new multiplayer maps and the 'Tyranny of King Washington' single-player expansion.
Assassin's Creed 3 and Liberation will be released for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita on October 31 worldwide.
A Wii U version is also in development and will be available during the system's launch window this holiday season.
> 'Assassin's Creed 3' preview: Three hours with the captivating sequel
> Digital Spy's 'Assassin's Creed 3' interview with Ubisoft
The day one patch notes in full (may contain spoilers):
- Animus Synching tutorial, fixed an issue where the player could think he's stuck in an infinite loading when getting to Boston after the end credits
- Fixed a bug where counter-killing with the bow does not always work
- NPCs spawned too far away could end up being of the wrong type
- Camera could remain stuck after the player being respawned
- Player could remain stuck after diving from a waterfall
- Player could remain stuck if he exits a slopped hay stack at a certain angle
- player would always get immediately detected when performing an unarmed stealth assassination in another guard's back
- Under rare circumstances, the crowd would stop spawning
- Fixed an animation glitch when interrupting the reception from high profile jump
- Fixed various occurrences of missing sounds
- In some cases, the Animus Database sound ambiance was not stopped when exiting
- Various stats and leaderboards were not showing up properly
- Online shop could sometimes appear empty if fetching the data from Xbox Live is taking too long
- Mission "RETURN TO ABSTERGO" - fixed a bug where the player would lose control over Desmond during a fight if he lures and kills some guards in the wrong area
- Mission "A DEADLY PERFORMANCE" - Mission would not continue if the player decides to climb the wall instead of using the ladder
- Mission "JOHNSON'S ERRAND" - fixed a bug where the game would remain stuck if the player runs during the black screen that occurs after exiting the tavern
- Mission "THE SURGEON" - Charles Lee could fall in the water and die while following the player, causing the mission to fail, if the player decides to take a certain path that involves jumping over the water
- Mission "THE SURGEON" - fixed a bug where we would show the desync effect if the player throws one of the target in the water, even though the mission is not really failed
- Mission "WELCOME TO BOSTON" - The courier side-quest next to the general store would not start properly
- Mission "EXECUTION IS EVERYTHING", fixed a bug where the mission would not continue if the NPCs you are eavesdropping react to a dead body
- Mission "THE BRADDOCK EXPEDITION" - Mission would not continue if the player kills all enemies in the camp, killing the required target last, without triggering open conflict
- Mission "FEATHERS AND TREES" - NPC's would not detect beams properly, preventing them from performing the trunk around move
- Mission "FEATHERS AND TREES" - Mission would not continue if the player doesn't follow the expected path
- Mission "HUNTING LESSONS" - Mission giver could not be there if the player goes away and comes back
- Mission "SOMETHING TO REMEMBER", fixed a bug where the screen could become all white or black for the remainder of the mission if the player set his brightness option to anything else than the default value
- Mission "ON JOHNSON'S TRAIL", fixed a bug that could cause the optional objective "Use powder kegs to destroy smuggled cargo" to not be saved properly if the player reloads during the mission
- Mission "THE TEA PARTY'' - Optional objective "Dump crates of tea in the water" could not be completed if the player threw all crates before having killed all guards
- Mission "THE MIDNIGHT RIDE" - Mission could not be completed if the player interacts with the delivery quest giver along the way
- Mission "BRIDEWELL PRISON" - Player could remain stuck prison cells
- Mission "PUBLIC EXECUTION" - Crowd NPCs could be spawned in or walk through a cart during a cinematic
- Mission "SOMETHING ON THE SIDE" - Optional objective "Perform a successful static eavesdrop" could not be completed
- Mission "MISSING SUPPLIES" - Optional objective "Do not hide in the hay cart while following the convoy" not being saved properly if the game is reloaded during second part of the mission
- Possible crash that could happen if the player blends in a crowd group where some NPCs haven't spawned yet, and while blended performs a kill.
- Possible crash that could happen if the player triggered a loading while being in a covert escort formation with his brotherhood trainees
- Possible crash that could happen when calling a brotherhood trainee with the snipe ability
- "OAK ISLAND" - Player could pass through the ground when diving into the cave
- "OAK ISLAND" - Wolves could stop attacking the player and remain stuck
- Possible crash if the player spams the swivel guns with the semi-automatic cheat enabled
- Mission "HAPPY EXPECTATIONS" - Game could remain stuck on a white screen when starting the mission
- On the Homestead, fixed a bug where the player could remain stuck if he performs a corner pose on the left side of Norris' cave's entrance
- Brawler Challenges 3 - Task "Own every weapon available in the stores" would not complete when the player expects it to.
- Fort Monmouth and Fort Division - Quest objectives would fail too early without the fort resetting properly
- New York delivery mission - Game asked for a different item (deer heart) than what was shown to the player (venison)
- New York Liberation Missions - Possible that the game would wrongly display that 2 of the districts were completely liberated when it's not the case yet
Watch the Assassin's Creed 3 'Connor's Story' trailer below: