Sony has announced that system software version 2.60 brings a number of upgrades to the PS Vita, including changes to its operating system and new and revised applications, features and settings.
The main features in the new system software update are as follows:
- You can now access 'PlayStation Plus' from the LiveArea screen of each game, making it easier to upload and download saved data.
- Note: A PlayStation Plus subscription is needed to use this.
- Content saved on a connected device - such as a PlayStation 3 system or a computer - can be played without copying the content to PS Vita.
- Select the connected device from the list of categories, and then tap the content to play it instantly.
- The Content Manager Assistant for PlayStation on computer must be updated to the latest version to use this feature.
- 'Bluetooth Settings' has been moved from 'Network' settings to the newly added 'Devices' settings.
- Adjustments to network features can be made from the menu that appears by pressing and holding the PS button. From the displayed menu, tap the desired feature to turn on or turn off.
One of the last major PS Vita updates brought improvements to the system's stability.
Upcoming PS Vita games include The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki, Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate and Killzone: Mercenary.
Watch a gameplay trailer for Killzone: Mercenary below.