The multi-format adventure game outsold Rockstar's controversial title by almost three copies to one during the past week after GTA IV saw its sales fall by some 44%.
The Wii version of LucasArts' Indiana Jones game proved the most successful, enjoying 27% of all sales, followed by Xbox 360 (22%), PS2 (20%), PS3 (17%), DS (13%) and PC (2%).
The game also marks the first time that LucasArts has held the UK top spot since the 2006 release of Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy.
Elsewhere, Codemasters' Race Driver: GRID slipped one place to become this week's number three, but only just. With only 3,000 copies seperating it from GTA IV, the game almost remained in second place.
Microsoft's Ninja Gaiden II was a new entry for Microsoft at number six, while Konami's Wii Sports-style game Sports Island made its debut at number 14.
The top ten games in full:
1. (-) LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures (LucasArts)
2. (1) Grand Theft Auto IV (Take-Two)
3. (2) Race Driver: GRID (Codemasters)
4. (3) Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Sega)
5. (4) Wii Play (Nintendo)
6. (-) Ninja Gaiden II (Microsoft)
7. (10) Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)
8. (5) Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (Konami)
9. (9) Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Activision)
10. (8) FIFA 08 (EA)
Leisure software charts compiled by Chart Track, (C)2008 ELSPA Ltd