Mosley was not present at the state court in Hamburg today (September 28) when the hearing for his case was opened, reports The AP. It is unclear when a ruling will be made.
The German case against Google is said to be part of action Mosley is taking in 22 countries around the world. His legal team have already managed to remove the video and related material from 193 websites in Germany, it was revealed last year.
Appearing at the Leveson Inquiry into press ethics and standards last November, Mosley discussed his battle to remove from the web false and libellous claims that he had an alleged "sick Nazi orgy". This all stemmed from an article and video posted by the News of the World in 2008.
Mosley won £60,000 in damages in a privacy case against the now-defunct Sunday tabloid. He has acknowledged the orgy, but said that the paper's story was an "outrageous" invasion of privacy and the Nazi allegation was damaging and "completely untrue".
Mosley has been campaigning for Google to take a more proactive approach with its search results to ensure that any defamatory material, such as the "sex orgy" video, never appears. Google currently removes links only after receiving a court order.
In his written statement to the Leveson, Mosley compared the internet to "a sort of Wild West with its own rules which the courts cannot touch".
> Max Mosley loses privacy law bid
> Max Mosley wins privacy action against 'News of the World'
He said that the "really dangerous thing" is that search engines like Google "could stop a story appearing, but don't or won't as a matter of principle".
But in a statement issued last year, Google said: "Google's search results reflect the information available on billions of web pages on the internet.
"We don't, and can't, control what others post online, but when we're told that a specific page is illegal under a court order, then we move quickly to remove it from our search results."