The publisher of papers including the Daily Mirror, Sunday Mirror and The People has always denied any wrongdoing in relation to the phone hacking scandal.
News International's News Group Newspapers had been the only company sued for illegally listening to voicemail messages.
However, the Trinity Mirror papers will now face legal action for the first time after solicitor Mark Lewis lodged claims on behalf of his clients, Sky News reports.
The fresh claims allege that the mobile phone messages of the former England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson, Abbie Gibson, former nanny to the Beckham children, ex-Manchester City star Garry Flitcroft and actress Shobna Gulati were all listened to by Mirror group journalists.
Eriksson's claim against the Daily Mirror relates to the time Piers Morgan was editor.
Lewis said that there is no paper trail relating to the Mirror allegations, as had been the case when police investigating the News of the World found a list of alleged victims in a notebook belonging to private investigator Glen Mulcaire.
"There might not be a documentary smoking gun, but we will show there is a smoking bullet, the consequence of the actions," said Lewis.
The News of the World's publisher has already paid out millions of pounds to the victims of phone hacking, with the family of the most high profile case involving murdered schoolgirl Milly Dowler receiving a £3 million payout.