Digital Spy offers up ten teasers for Scott's sci-fi thriller below. If you're avoiding spoilers, turn back while you still can...
1. The opening sequence, set on primordial Earth, is among the most visually stunning you'll see this year.
2. Michael Fassbender may be playing a dimly creepy robot, but he's a dimly creepy robot with a favourite film – the very film on which Fassbender modelled his haughty performance.
3. At least one of the five top-billed cast members remains entirely unrecognisable throughout the film.
4. Charlize Theron is handy with a flamethrower. Not to mention ruthless.
5. One word: Facehugger.
6. Remember that grisly birthing scene in Twilight: Breaking Dawn - Part 1? There's a sequence here that makes it look like Knocked Up.
7. Although Rapace has a human partner in Logan Marshall-Green, the film's most compelling and developed dynamic by far is between her and Fassbender's butler-bot.
8. Look out for not one, but two homages to Ripley's underwear-clad sequence in Alien. We'll call them homages, rather than plain old perving.
9. The final 30 seconds might just as well be preceded by the words "Prometheus 2: Teaser Trailer".
10. You'll never hear the phrase "I didn't think you had it in you" in quite the same way again.
Prometheus opens in UK cinemas on June 1, and the US a week later on June 8.
Watch a trailer for Prometheus below: