Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

Movies News

'Friday The 13th' sequel details emerge

By
'Friday The 13th' sequel details emerge
Producer Brad Fuller has revealed details about the possible sequel to Friday The 13th.

The follow-up was reported to have begun development earlier this year, with screenwriters Mark Swift and Damian Shannon attached to work on the script.

According to Hit Fix, Fuller, who is also overseeing the updated version of A Nightmare On Elm Street, said that the key to the second instalment's success lies in the way hockey-masked killer Jason Voorhees dispatches his victims.

He said: "If we're vulnerable on [the first film], it's that people thought our kills weren't clever enough, so whatever we need to do to make those kills seem clever in the second film is what we're going to do."

He added that he would "love" for the sequel to utilise 3D - if they can fit the added cost into their budget.

"I suspect it will not be in 3D, although we'd love to make a 3D horror movie. We'd love to do it; they just don't throw that money our way."

The proposed project is yet to be officially greenlit, however Fuller expects production to begin later this year, with a tentative August 13, 2010 release date.

The Platinum Dunes relaunch of the Friday The 13th franchise made $42 million during its opening weekend in the US.

You May Like