The comedy movie, which stars Jason Sudeikis, Jason Bateman and Charlie Day, generated over $2.1 million in box office sales in its second week at the cinema, leaving Australian-made movie Red Dog in second place again.
Third place is filled by new entry The Help, followed by Final Destination 5 with $965,774 in box office sales.
Mila Kunis and Justin Timberlake rom-com Friends with Benefits fills the fifth chart spot, with Cowboys and Aliens dropping down two to sixth place after making $651,737 in ticket sales.
The box office top ten in full (figures in Australian dollars):
1. (1) Horrible Bosses - $2,174,511
2. (2) Red Dog - $1,659,278
3. (-) The Help - $1,046,311
4. (-) Final Destination 5 - $965,774
5. (3) Friends with Benefits - $748,198
6. (4) Cowboys and Aliens - $651,737
7. (5) Rise of the Planet of the Apes - $585,458
8. (-) One Day - $569,098
9. (-) The Guard - $295,415
10. (7) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 - $278,941
Watch a trailer for Horrible Bosses below: