Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy
2

Movies News

'Expendables 2' will not be PG-13, says Dolph Lundgren

By
The Expendables 2 will not carry a PG-13 certificate, according to Dolph Lundgren.

Speaking to Empire, the actor backed up previous claims by Sylvester Stallone about the sequel's rating and helped clear up confusion about whether it will be toned down.

Dolph Lundgren

© Ian West/PA Archive/Press Association Images

The Expendables














"I heard that it's now R again," he said. "Stallone's basic setting is to make it very violent. That's just in his personality, and if it was me I would do the same.

"I guess the producers figure they can make another $50m if it's PG-13, and if it was my money I might say the same thing! But I think for the fans, if it's tougher it's better."

It was previously reported that some of the film's vulgarity would be edited out at the request of Chuck Norris. However, Lundgren suggested that Norris has the means to edit his own cut of the movie to make any changes he deems necessary.

"Chuck likes to re-cut all of his films before he shows them to his kids," he added. "He told me he has his own editor. So it's irrelevant! He could make it a G-rating if he wanted to!"

The Expendables 2 will arrive in cinemas on August 17, 2012, with Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Willis and Jason Statham all reprising their roles alongside the newly cast Norris and Jean-Claude Van Damme.

Watch a trailer for The Expendables 2 below:

You May Like

Comments

Loading...