Screen Gems's Think Like a Man debuted at first place with $33 million, followed by Zac Efron's romantic film The Lucky One at number two with $22.8 million.
Based on a Steve Harvey self-help book, Think Like a Man follows four couples who turn the tables on their significant others.
The comedy features a star-studded cast that includes Gabrielle Union, Taraji P Henson, Michael Ealy, Kevin Hart, Jerry Ferrara, Meagan Good and Regina Hall.
Since its release on March 23, The Hunger Games went on to take the number one spot for four weeks, and made history when it debuted with $155 million.
Two new documentaries also made their theatrical debuts this weekend. Chimpanzee, which was played at 1,563 theaters, took fourth place with $10.2 million, while the Bob Marley film Marley was shown in 42 theaters, making $260,000.
The Three Stooges went from second place to fifth with $9.2 million.
Last week, the Farrelly brothers comedy was slammed by the Catholic League for its "offensive portrayals" of two nuns played by Larry David and model Kate Upton.
The US box office top ten in full (studio estimates):
1. (-) Think Like a Man - $33,000,000
2. (-) The Lucky One - $22,805,000
3. (1) The Hunger Games - $14,500,000
4. (-) Chimpanzee - $10,205,000
5. (2) The Three Stooges - $9,200,000
6. (3) The Cabin in the Woods - $7,750,000
7. (5) American Reunion - $5,200,000
8. (4) Titanic 3D - $5,000,000
9. (8) 21 Jump Street - $4,600,000
10. (7) Mirror Mirror - $4,114,000
Watch the trailer for Think Like a Man below: