Rihanna's movie debut experiences a 66% drop in ticket sales, but its £1.2 million haul is still enough to see it edge past Ewan McGregor's Salmon Fishing in the Yemen.
The Hunger Games climbs a place to number three, while Joss Whedon's The Cabin in the Woods falls a spot to number four.
The 3D re-release of Titanic completes the top five, taking in £925,740 from its 398 locations nationwide.
Elsewhere, new releases Lockout and Gone enter the chart top ten. Guy Pearce's sci-fi action film debuts at number seven ahead of the Amanda Seyfried thriller, which bows at number 10.
The UK box office top ten in full:
1. (1) Battleship - £1,282,091
2. (-) Salmon Fishing in the Yemen - £1,169,235
3. (4) The Hunger Games - £1,070,787
4. (3) The Cabin in the Woods - £1,033,533
5. (2) Titanic - £925,740
6. (5) The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists - £772,887
7. (-) Lockout - £596,500
8. (6) Mirror Mirror - £535,093
9. (7) 21 Jump Street - £376,781
10. (-) Gone - £275,087
Watch Battleship star Brooklyn Decker's Twitter chat with Digital Spy below: