Academy President Hawk Koch confirmed the pair's appointment today (August 23), in what will be their first involvement with the Oscars.
The ceremony will be held on Sunday, February 24, 2013.
"Craig and Neil are forward thinkers who bring a unique perspective to the Oscar show," said Koch. "Their enormous collective talent, coupled with their love of film, serves our show perfectly."
Zadan and Meron said: "We are very excited to collaborate with Hawk and everyone at the Academy to produce this year's Oscars.
"We hope to utilise our experience in producing features, TV and theatre to bring something fresh and special to this incredible awards show.
"When we filmed The Bucket List, we made our own personal bucket list, and producing the Oscars was #1. It's truly a great honour."
Academy CEO Dawn Hudson added: "Craig and Neil have great talent relationships and bring an infectious energy to the production. They are creative producers in the best sense of the word."
The pair have previously executive produced the 2002 'Best Picture' winner Chicago, as well as the likes of 2011's Footloose and Hairspray. Zadan also produced the original Footloose.
Zadan and Meron have also worked on musical TV series Smash, and the upcoming Steel Magnolias movie remake.
They recently produced the Tony Award-winning revivals of How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying and Promises, Promises.
Outgoing President Tom Sherak had previously aimed to sign up Lorne Michaels to produce next year's Oscars.
Jimmy Fallon recently confirmed that he turned down the chance to host next year's event.