The fifth and final instalment of The Twilight Saga took in $43m, bringing its total gross to $226.9m.
Starring Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner, Breaking Dawn - Part 2 was the eighth-biggest opening weekend of all time when it earned $141.3m in its first weekend.
However, New Moon still holds the record for the highest opening weekend for the Twilight series with $142.8m.
Daniel Craig's third James Bond film Skyfall and Steven Spielberg's biopic Lincoln held their previous spots from last weekend's chart.
Skyfall was in second place with $36m on its third weekend, bringing its total gross to $221.7m.
Lincoln followed Skyfall in third place with $25m, also on its third weekend. Its total gross is $62.1m.
Three new releases made the top ten - Rise of the Guardians, Life of Pi and Red Dawn.
Rise of the Guardians debuted in fourth place with $25m, while Ang Lee's latest project Life of Pi took in $22m for the number five spot.
Chris Hemsworth and Josh Hutcherson's action film Red Dawn (2012) came in seventh place with $14.6m.
Rounding out the top ten are Wreck-It Ralph, Flight, Silver Linings Playbook and Argo.
The top ten in full (studio estimates):
1. (1) Twilight: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 - $43 million
2. (2) Skyfall - $36 million
3. (3) Lincoln - $25 million
4. (-) Rise of the Guardians - $24 million
5. (-) Life of Pi - $22 million
6. (4) Wreck-It Ralph - $16.7 million
7. (-) Red Dawn - $14.6 million
8. (5) Flight - $8.6 million
9. (17) Silver Linings Playbook - $4.6 million
10. (6) Argo - $3.8 million
Watch a clip of Twilight: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 below: