The final instalment in Stephenie Meyer's vampire series takes in £5.3 million to beat Skyfall's £3.8 million haul and secure first place. The latest James Bond movie has now earned £89 million, putting it £3 million behind Avatar in the all-time UK box office rankings.
Nativity 2: Danger in the Manger! leads the pack of new releases, earning £1.6 million to debut at number three. Close behind is Silver Linings Playbook with £1.2 million at number four.
Gambit, starring Colin Firth and Cameron Diaz, completes the top five with £689,042.
Elsewhere, Jake Gyllenhaal's cop thriller End of Watch debuts at number seven with £618,546 and Bollywood release Jab Tak Hai Jaan falls six places to number ten.
The UK box office top ten in full:
1. (1) The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 - £5,344,598
2. (2) Skyfall - £3,809,893
3. (-) Nativity 2: Danger in the Manger! - £1,614,675
4. (-) Silver Linings Playbook - £1,260,979
5. (-) Gambit - £689,042
6. (3) Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted - £637,130
7. (-) End of Watch - £618.546
8. (5) Argo - £495,689
9. (6) The Master - £201,844
10. (4) Jab Tak Hai Jaan - £198,671
Digital Spy interviews the cast and crew of Breaking Dawn - Part 2: