The latest James Bond instalment - released to coincide with the franchise's 50th anniversary - dominated the survey's movie categories, with Daniel Craig and Judi Dench also winning for 'Best Actor' and 'Best Actress' respectively.
Skyfall secured 28.6% of the votes to beat summer superhero blockbusters The Dark Knight Rises and The Avengers, while The Hunger Games was placed in fourth. Seth MacFarlane's directorial debut Ted rounded out the top five.
In the 'Best Actor' section Craig's 35.5% of the vote was enough to see off competition from Christian Bale's 20.5% and Martin Freeman, star of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, on 14.6%.
'Best Actress' was a tighter affair as Judi Dench, making her final Bond appearance as M, beat Hunger Games star Jennifer Lawrence by just 1.7%.
The top 5 rankings for the movies categories in the DS end of year poll is as follows:
1. Skyfall - 28.6%
2. The Dark Knight Rises - 17.7%
3. The Avengers - 13.4%
4. The Hunger Games - 13.2%
5. Ted - 8.8%
1. Daniel Craig (Skyfall) - 35.5%
2. Christian Bale (The Dark Knight Rises) - 20.5%
3. Martin Freeman (The Hobbit) - 14.6%
4. Michael Fassbender (Shame, Prometheus) - 13.2%
5. Bradley Cooper (Silver Linings Playbook) - 8.1%
1. Judi Dench (Skyfall) - 34.0%
2. Jennifer Lawrence (Hunger Games, Silver Linings Playbook) - 32.3%
3. Anne Hathaway (Dark Knight Rises) - 25.8%
4. Amy Adams (The Master) - 2.8%
5. Marion Cotillard (Rust & Bone) - 2.8%
More than 25,000 votes were registered in Digital Spy's end of year reader poll, held to decide the ultimate in entertainment and tech from the last 12 months.
Photo gallery - Skyfall in pictures: