The Disney movie maintained its takings of £3.4 million to leap up a spot into pole position. The Die Hard sequel dropped 64% in ticket sales to fall into second place.
Mama, the Guillermo del Toro-produced horror starring Jessica Chastain, is a new entry at number three with £1.5 million. Oscar-winning musical Les Misérables holds its place at number four, while I Give It A Year completes the top five.
Elsewhere, new releases Cloud Atlas and Song for Marion enter the top ten at numbers six and eight respectively.
This week will see the release of high-profile films Broken City, Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters, Safe Haven and Stoker, all of which will be looking to make a dent in the top ten.
The UK box office top ten in full:
1. (2) Wreck-It Ralph - £3,420,196
2. (1) A Good Day to Die Hard - £1,646,541
3. (-) Mama - £1,512,297
4. (4) Les Misérables - £765,367
5. (6) I Give It A Year - £632,195
6. (-) Cloud Atlas - £544,725
7. (3) This Is 40 - £473,915
8. (-) Song for Marion - £456,714
9. (7) Django Unchained - £427,027
10. (5) Beautiful Creatures - £398,401
Watch Digital Spy's interview with Bruce Willis below: