To The Sea follows previous chart-toppers Sleep Through The Static, released in 2008, and 2005's Between Dreams.
Michael Bublé maintained his popularity following his Audience With... TV special a fortnight ago in second spot, while Glee also held onto its position in third.
Pendulum, who scored their first ever number one last week with Immersion, fell to number four. Below the electronic band, Alicia Keys and Lady GaGa climbed to fifth and sixth respectively.
Katie Melua and Plan B slipped to seventh and eighth, while RAF Squadronaires made a shock appearance in the top ten with their Glenn Miller tribute, meaning that Florence and the Machine had to settle for tenth spot.
The top ten albums in full (click where possible for our reviews):
1. (-) Jack Johnson: 'To The Sea'
2. (-) Michael Bublé: 'Crazy Love'
3. (-) 'Glee': 'The Music Vol 3: Showstoppers'
4. (1) Pendulum: 'Immersion'
5. (6) Alicia Keys: 'The Element Of Freedom'
6. (8) Lady GaGa: 'The Fame Monster'
7. (4) Katie Melua: 'The House'
8. (7) Plan B: 'The Defamation Of Strickland Banks'
9. (-) RAF Squadronaires: 'In The Mood'
10. (10) Florence and the Machine: 'Lungs'
> Click here for this week's top ten singles
Source: Official Charts Company