The group, who released their self-titled debut in October, have said that they have booked two weeks to start work on their sophomore set next year.
In an interview with Digital Spy, Siva Kaneswaran said: "We've lined up two weeks next year with all the producers and writers in a house and we're going to start working on the next album.
"We're just trying to hone our skills and get a new sound. We're not thinking of a specific new sound, but we'll just try to let it come naturally."
Discussing their latest single 'Lose My Mind', which entered at number 29 in the charts following their slot on The X Factor, he insisted: "We're very happy with the sales figures so far. Even just to be asked to be on The X Factor, well, all it can do for us is good things."
'Lose My Mind' is officially released on December 27.
> Click here to read our interview with The Wanted