The band are exhausted after their sell-out 'Progress Live' tour and Howard Donald, Jason Orange and Mark Owen threatened to quit the group over tension with Robbie Williams, The Sunday Mirror reports.
Gary Barlow convinced them to stay and will discuss the band's future once he has finished his duties on The X Factor at Christmas. The band had previously denied claims of in-band fighting.
"At first it was a fairytale, having Robbie back and being a five-piece again, but a few arguments and their touring schedule made it hard going," a source said. "Howard, Jason and Mark all said they were shattered at the end of their tour, and are not sure they'll be able to go through it all again at their age.
"This could now mean the end of the band. They will be meeting up to discuss things after Christmas. They all love touring and recording music, and have been totally dedicated to Take That but nothing has been decided about what happens next."
Tensions in the band are said to have started at the Brit Awards in February after Williams, who is rumoured to be working on new solo material, demanded a more prominent position on stage during the performance.
"There were problems," the source added. "The guys knew working with Robbie would be different but they didn't realise how much of a change they'd have to make to accommodate him. Robbie can be over the top and most of the time is just joking around, but he should have been more aware and tried to fit in."
Williams allegedly embarrassed the band with his "erratic behaviour" and targeted Orange by making "childish digs" at him.
A Take That spokesman insisted: "The band are all on great terms. They are on a well deserved break at the moment, taking a post-tour holiday."
Donald previously claimed that Take That were planning to make their next tour even bigger.
Watch Take That's video for 'The Flood' below: