Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy
1

Music News

Tom Jones 'admitted to hospital with heart scare'

By
Tom Jones performs on stage at Newbury racecourse.

© PA Images / Nick Potts/PA Wire/Press Association Images

Sir Tom Jones was forced to cancel a concert in Monte Carlo last night after being taken to hospital, it has been reported.

The singer, was due to close a festival at the Salle des Etoiles - which has also seen performances from Sting and Bryan Ferry - but apparently needed medical attention due to a heart scare.

The Sporting Club Monte Carlo, which houses the venue, confirmed that the £200-a-head show had been cancelled at short notice.

A spokesman told The Mail on Sunday: "I received a call at 8.10pm informing me that the event had been cancelled because Tom Jones had been taken to hospital."

Theatrical producer David King last night tweeted: "Tonight's concert at the Sporting Club, Monte Carlo, cancelled as Tom Jones admitted to hospital with a heart scare."

Staff at Monte Carlo's Princess Grace Hospital couldn't confirm whether Jones, who was paid £3.1m to perform at a charity gig last year, had been admitted.

Jones recently said that he would like to work with Lady GaGa.

Watch Tom Jones's video for 'Sex Bomb' below:

You May Like

Comments

Loading...