The country singer's latest single 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together' became the second fastest-selling song ever in terms of US downloads last week.
The track stormed to the top of the US download charts, selling over 623,000 copies in its first week on sale.
It is behind only Flo Rida and Ke$ha's 'Right Round', which sold 636,000 in its first week back in 2009.
Ke$ha had previously held the female record for downloads, after 'TiK ToK' sold 610,000 in January 2010.
Taylor Swift will release her fifth studio album Red on October 22.
She is expected to perform a new song at the 2012 MTV Video Music Awards on September 6.
The top 10 fastest-selling songs in the US are:
1. Flo Rida - 'Right Round' - 636,000 (February 2009)
2. Taylor Swift 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together' - 623,000 (August 2012)
3. Ke$ha - 'TiK ToK' - 610,000 (January 2010)
4. Bruno Mars - 'Grenade' - 559,000 (January 2011)
5. Gotye - 'Somebody That I Used To Know' - 542,000 (April 2012)
6. Justin Bieber - 'Boyfriend' - 521,000 (April 2012)
7. Lady GaGa - 'Born This Way' - 509,000 (March 2011)
8. Katy Perry - 'Firework' - 509,000 (January 2011)
9. Maroon 5 - 'Payphone' - 493,000 (May 2012)
10. Flo Rida - 'Low' - 467,000 (January 2008)