Originally released in 1990, the song was re-recorded by Seal in 1991 for his self-titled debut album. It was covered by George Michael in 1992, by ATB in 1999, and given a remix in 2005.
2:54's Colette Thurlow said: "There's a nostalgia to 'Killer' that each member of the band identifies with. We grew up listening to Seal. 'Kiss from a Rose' and 'Crazy' are such big songs.
"We thought it would be interesting to re-work a pop song and put a 2:54 spin on it. The lyrics are really moving too; melancholic and tough. To me it feels like a song about hope and solidarity."
2:54 - Colette and her sister Hannah - are currently touring the US and Europe in support of The xx.
Their upcoming UK headline live dates are as follows
- October 27 - Bodega, Nottingham
- October 29 - Leadmill, Sheffield
- October 30 - Arts School, Glasgow
- October 31 - Cluny, Newcastle
- November 1 - Soup Kitchen, Manchester
- November 2 - Jericho, Oxford
- November 3 - Sunflower Lounge, Birmingham
- November 4 - Haunt, Brighton
- November 6 - The Boiler Room, Guildford
- November 7 - XOYO, London
- November 8 - The Croft, Bristol
Watch the music video for 2:54's most recent single 'Sugar' below: