'4 Minutes', which also features Justin Timberlake, spends a second week at the summit, while Sparro's 'Black and Gold' and Estelle's 'American Boy' settle for two and three respectively.
East London rapper Wiley scores a strong number four debut with 'Wearing My Rolex', his first charting single as a solo artist in four years. will.i.am's 'Heartbreaker' - a collaboration with Girls Aloud's Cheryl Cole - breaks into the top ten this week, climbing ten places to eight.
Other new entries include Pendulum at 15 with 'Propane Nightmares'; The Script at 30 with 'We Cry'; and Ashlee Simpson, who enters at 34 with comeback track 'Outta My Head (Ay Ya Ya)'.
The top ten UK singles in full (click links for reviews):
1. (1) Madonna ft. Justin Timberlake: '4 Minutes'
2. (3) Sam Sparro: 'Black and Gold'
3. (2) Estelle ft. Kanye West: 'American Boy'
4. (-) Wiley: 'Wearing My Rolex'
5. (5) September: 'Cry For You'
6. (4) Flo Rida ft. T-Pain: 'Low'
7. (6) Usher ft. Young Jeezy: 'Love In This Club'
8. (18) will.i.am ft. Cheryl Cole: 'Heartbreaker'
9. (8) Duffy: 'Mercy'
10. (14) Scouting For Girls: 'Heartbeat'
> Who's number one on this week's albums chart? Click here to find out