Her debut disc Overcome sold 132,065 copies in its first week of release to debut at number one. However, her track 'Bad Boys' is knocked off the top of the singles chart this week by Cheryl Cole's 'Fight For This Love'.
Crazy Love, the fourth studio album from Canadian singer Bublé, lands at two on the albums countdown with sales of 78,006.
Meanwhile, Houston sold 51,632 copies of I Look To You, her first collection of new material since 2002, to debut at three.
Other new entries in the top ten come from Fleetwood Mac, whose Very Best Of compilation bows at six, and Spandau Ballet, who land at seven with Once More, an album of re-recorded greatest hits.
The top ten albums in full (click where possible for our reviews):
1. (-) Alexandra Burke: 'Overcome'
2. (-) Michael Bublé: 'Crazy Love'
3. (-) Whitney Houston: 'I Look To You'
4. (-) Seasick Steve: 'Man From Another Time'
5. (5) Paolo Nutini: 'Sunny Side Up'
6. (-) Fleetwood Mac: 'The Very Best Of'
7. (-) Spandau Ballet: 'Once More'
8. (2) Chipmunk: 'I Am Chipmunk'
9. (16) Paloma Faith: 'Do You Want The Truth Or Something Beautiful?'
10. (6) Vera Lynn: 'We'll Meet Again - The Very Best Of'
Source: Official Chart Company
> Click here for this week's top ten singles