The first volume of songs from the popular comedy drama ended Alicia Keys's reign at the top of the charts with The Element Of Freedom.
The Brit Awards also had an effect on the album charts, with Lady GaGa's The Fame Monster and Florence and the Machine's Lungs completing the top three after sales of the records jumped 53%.
Meanwhile, Jay-Z's The Blueprint 3 climbed to number ten after a rise in sales of 25% and Robbie Williams's Reality Killed The Video Star moved up 12 places to number eight.
Although they didn't break into the top ten, Lily Allen, Kasabian and Dizzee Rascal also soared up the album chart following their appearances at Tuesday's ceremony.
Official Charts Company managing director Martin Talbot said: "Again the Brits shows that not only can it attract a huge television audience, but it can also sell records in large numbers too."
The top ten albums in full (click where possible for our reviews):
1. (-) 'Glee' Cast: 'Glee: The Music, Volume I'
2. (5) Lady GaGa: 'The Fame Monster'
3. (9) Florence and the Machine: 'Lungs'
4. (1) Alicia Keys: 'The Element Of Freedom'
5. (3) Paolo Nutini: 'Sunny Side Up'
6. (2) André Rieu: 'Forever Vienna'
7. (-) Owl City: 'Ocean Eyes'
8. (21) Robbie Williams: 'Reality Killed The Video Star'
9. (10) Black Eyed Peas: 'The E.N.D.'
10. (22) Jay-Z: 'The Blueprint 3
Source: Official Charts Company
> Click here for this week's top ten singles