The South Central Ambulance Service also received emergency calls over a popped spot, as well as requests for lifts home, help changing a light bulb and assistance finding a lost TV remote.
Paramedics also arrived at the home of a patient in their 60s who asked them to go and purchase a packet of cigarettes.
Portsmouth-based paramedic Graham Collins told The Mirror: "People don't have much self reliance - they think they can call 999 for whatever reason."
South Central Ambulance Service recorded 1,235 hoax calls between January and October 2011 and yesterday launched a film encouraging the public to think before dialling 999.
Last week, the North West Ambulance Service revealed they'd received a number of unusual calls over Christmas, including one from a man asking for help to unblock his toilet on Christmas Eve.
Other non-emergencies included a lady requesting an ambulance after a cotton bud got stuck in her ear, a man saying he had toothache and another complaining of an itchy eye.