Payton Bushnell - who hails from Portland, Oregon - began displaying flu-like symptoms for several days, before complaining of a stomach ache.
Doctors at Legacy Emanuel Medical Centre were surprised to find 37 Buckyballs magnets lodged inside her.
The child is now in good condition after the popular desk toy was removed from her stomach, reports KGW.
Buckyballs are made up of several small metal magnets, and are described as "the world's best-selling desk toy". They can create many shapes as a form of stress relief.
The toy's website released a statement stating that the company was "saddened" to hear about Bushnell's illness, but "relieved that she is expected to make a full recovery".
"This unfortunate incident underscores the fact that Buckyballs and Buckycubes are for adults. They are not toys and are not intended for children."
> Chopstick removed from stomach after 28 years
> Dog survives after swallowing G-string