Kent Fire & Rescue made the statement after a man drove his Renault into the Co-operative petrol station on the A2, Watling Street, at 8.30pm on Sunday (August 19) after noticing it had caught fire, KentOnline reports.
The fire services said that after the man noticed his car was alight, he made the 'sudden decision' to drive into the petrol station.
"If you realise that your car might be alight when you are driving, pull over at the first available opportunity, but try to avoid exposing other people to risk," a Kent Fire and Rescue spokesperson said.
It took an hour to put out the fire and complete safety checks at the petrol station and no-one was injured in the incident.
Kent Fire & Rescue has recently warned against deactivating smoke alarms after a woman slept through an oven fire in Maidstone because her alarm had a plastic bag over the sensor.