1. Chris formed first group The Rocking Honkies with school pal James at the tender age of 11.
2. At the time he met bandmate Jonny Buckland at University College London, Chris was thinking about forming an 'NSync-style boyband by the name of Pectoral.
3. Chris thought he might be gay when he was growing up. He recalls: "It was more like, ‘What if?’, because I was brought up to think it was wrong. But then it struck me: Who cares? And then it wasn’t a problem." He admits that he eventually realised he was heterosexual after being "swayed by boobs".
4. Chris was a huge fan of '80s band A-ha, especially lead singer Morten Harket. He says: "It was the way [he] used to have different things on his wrists. I do it myself, still. He is the most disarming and beautiful man you'll ever meet."
5. What is Chris's favourite song? That'll be 'Bittersweet Symphony' by The Verve. He also thinks the band's frontman Richard Ashcroft is the best singer of all time.
6. Teetotal Chris forced himself to drink until he threw up as penance for briefly kicking drummer Will Champion out of the band while they were recording their first album.
7. Chris may "hate Heat magazine with a passion", but that doesn't stop him taking a sneaky peek in the dentist's office. He admits: "I hate that side of me that likes to ogle because I know what it's like to be ogled."
8. Chris has no plans to quit Coldplay anytime soon. He says: "Without the band, I know full well I would be playing Elton John standards on a cruise ship."
9. Chris's good pal Simon Pegg is one of the godfathers of his son Moses.
10. Chris defends his famously clean-living lifestyle by arguing that rock stardom brings great responsibility. "It's not about dressing up in leather and trashing hotel rooms and snorting coke off the back of a hooker," he insists. "It's about independence of mind and spirit." Mmm, we're not sure Keith Richards would agree!