The socialite was reported to have suffered a drug overdose last month. However, a representative later claimed that she had fallen unconscious after inhaling fumes from hair dye.
Geldof told The Sun that experimenting with drugs was "something people go through in their lives, especially growing up in London".
The 19-year-old was keen to play down comparisons with her mother Paula Yates, who died from an accidental heroin overdose in 2000.
"If she died in a car crash, does it mean I’d have to run out in front of a car and it’d be history repeating itself?" said Geldof.