Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

Showbiz News

Ramsay eatery faces clingfilm claim

By
Ramsay eatery faces clingfilm claim

Rex Features

A woman has claimed that she nearly choked on a piece of clingfilm which she discovered in her food at one of Gordon Ramsay's restaurants.

Noelie Klineberg also said she suffered food poisoning following her visit to London's Gordon Ramsay at Claridge's, reports the Doncaster Star.

Klineberg was with her fiancé, businessman Robin Goforth, at the eatery when she said the clingfilm was discovered in her lamb main course. The Doncaster woman has now reported the matter to environmental health officers.

"It's all very well Gordon Ramsay going off to America to sort out restaurants but he ought to get his own house in order first," she said.

A spokesman for Westminster City Council confirmed that its food, health and safety department had received the complaint and said an investigation has been launched.

A statement from Gordon Ramsay Holdings said that complaints are taken seriously. "Gordon Ramsay Holdings pride themselves on the highest level of guest care and will of course be discussing the points raised with the Gordon Ramsay at Claridge's team," it read.

You May Like