1. Dyer was born on July 24, 1977 in Canning Town, East London. According to his official website, he enjoyed a "fairly typical East End upbringing".
2. He may not be respected by many film critics, but Dyer has a hardcore fanbase who appreciate his thespian talents. So much so that a shop on his website selling Danny Dyer T-shirts, baseball caps and mouse mats is totally sold out of stock!
3. Dyer's love for West Ham United is well known, but in 2007 he also made an investment in another football club - Greenwich Borough. Danny claimed that it was a "dream come true" to be involved with the lowly Kent League team.
4. You can never accuse Dyer of not giving his all to a role. For the film City Rats, where he played an alcoholic, he "got a bit method" and started drinking cans of Special Brew before going to filming in the morning. Now that's what we call dedication.
5. The East End star does have a rather bad habit of putting his foot in his mouth. He has apologised for making remarks about Mat Horne being "absolute rubbish" shortly before he collapsed on stage this year, and also admits that he was drunk when he slagged of the cast of Oliver!. "I'd had a few lagers, spoke to a journalist and ruined my chances off playing Bill Sykes," he says. "It's a real shame and I won't be doing it again."
6. He may have a reputation as a red-blooded hard-man and a lads' mag hero, but Dyer has confessed to having feelings for men. "It's sweet if you like a bit of c**k. You know, I've had me moments. I've had me f**king moments... We'll leave it at that."
7. Away from the big screen, Dyer had made small cameos is music videos and computer games. He voiced the character Kent Paul in the Grand Theft Auto franchise and also popped up in the promo video for lad-rockers The Twang's 'Two Lovers'.
8. Dyer may have a reputation for making laddish films and gangster movies, but he hasn't given up hope of one day making a movie that his two children could enjoy. "Fingers crossed it will happen for me, I want to make a film that my kids can watch," he said. "Disney or something."
9. You'd never catch Danny mucking around in a Richard Curtis rom-com, right? Wrong! The Cockney thespian says that he would love to be given the chance to show his softer side. "Why not? Why not! It would just show that there's a different side to me," he said. "It's important that I do that. I just need someone to take that risk. I tell you what, though, mate, I would definitely nail it."
10. Can we expect to see Danny Dyer stepping to the BB house for the final series for Celebrity Big Brother? The Football Factor star said earlier this year: "Why would I want to sit in a room with Z-list celebs dissecting me and my personality? F*** that!" We'll take as a no then.