1. Mike was born on May 25, 1963 in Ontario Canada to former RAF member Alice and insurance worker Eric, who both hailed from Liverpool.
2. Did you know that Myers owns the last ever letter sent by late Beatles legend George Harrison? The Liverpool pop icon thanked Myers for his "funny movies" and asked him for a Mini-Me doll. The comic has the letter framed and admits that it is one of the most incredible moments of his life.
3. He may be very successful and very rich, but Myers's zany humour isn't to everyone's tastes. He picked up a Razzie 'Worst Actor' nomination in 2004 for The Cat In The Hat, while his 2008 stinker The Love Guru earned him the 'Worst Actor', 'Worst Screenplay' and 'Worst Film' titles. The only movie to take home more Razzie gongs that year was Paris Hilton's unforgettably atrocious The Hottie And The Nottie.
4. Myers might be a super-cool Hollywood star, but that hasn't stopped him from having some slightly geekish hobbies. The Austin Powers funnyman has confessed that one of his favourite pasttimes is building and painting toy soldiers. How rock and roll is that!
5. If that's not geeky enough for you, here's another shocking Myers fact. Apparently he loves role-playing game Dungeons and Dragons. Alongside fellow D&D fanatics Vin Diesel and Robin Williams, Myers took part in the Worldwide Dungeon and Dragons Game in 2006.
6. Myers was originally lined up for the '00s Pink Panther remakes alongside directer Ivan Reitman. However, both actor and director eventually ended up pulling out, leaving Steve Martin to cock up the Peter Sellers classic comedy franchise royally.
7. The inspiration for Myers's Austin Powers megabucks franchise was his late father, who introduced him to comedians such as Peter Sellers, Monty Python, Peter Cook and Dudley Moore. "My dad was a guy who loved to be silly; he had a highly prized sense of humour. When I would bring friends home to play table hockey in the basement, if my dad didn't think they were funny, he wouldn't let them in the house," he revealed in his biography. "'They can't come around', he'd say. 'They're not bloody funny!'"
8. Before Saturday Night Live, Wayne's World and the creation of Mini-Me, Myers's first big TV break actually came in the UK. The Canadian starred alongside such illustrious UK celebrities as Timmy Mallett, Michaela Strachan and Tommy Boyd on TV-am's Wide Awake Club.
9. You know you have made it when you have a street named after you, and Mike has such an accolade in Scarborough, Ontario. If you ever pay the area a visit, check out Mike Myers Drive.
10. As a tribute to his father, Myers apparently wears the Encyclopedia Britannica corporation ring that his dad was given for winning the Salesman of the Year gong. Who'd have thought that the man behind Austin Powers was such a sensitive soul!