In an age of Bieber domination where the Beliebers look prime to take over, is there anything we still don't know about the Canadian teen heartthrob?
Bieber's second album has heralded a new era for the teen megastar, with a more mature sound and image. It's time we took a look back at how the boy became the man.
1. Bieber was discovered by accident. When he was 12 his mother uploaded a video to YouTube of him singing in a talent contest. It was intended just for his family, but music manager Scooter Braun discovered him and within a year he had secured Justin a record deal.
2. Both Justin Timberlake and Usher fought over Biebs to sign him to their record labels. Usher won.
3. Despite not being old enough to do anything fun in the US, Bieber released his autobiography, Justin Bieber: First Step 2 Forever, at the grand old age of 16. The autobiography included first-hand insights into Bieber's world, with gems such as: "There are lots of things I really like besides girls. Like pizza. And pranking. And CHUCK NORRIS."
4. Patriotic J-Biebs loves his home country Canada. So much so that he never wants to become an American citizen. He said: "You guys are evil. Canada's the best country in the world. We go to the doctor and we don't need to worry about paying him, but here, your whole life, you're broke because of medical bills. My bodyguard's baby was premature, and now he has to pay for it. In Canada, if your baby's premature, he stays in the hospital as long as he needs to, and then you go home." Political Bieber!
5. Justin's fans call themselves Beliebers and at one time he accounted for 3% of all traffic on Twitter. But then a little someone named Lady GaGa came along, and Bieber was relegated to second position. He has over 17 million followers, which is not too shabby at all (GaGa has 26m).
6. Justin has three tattoos, all of which are reminders of his Christian faith. He has a sizeable portrait of Jesus on his left calf, the Hebrew word for Jesus on his rib cage, and a dove on his stomach.
7. Bieber and girlfriend Selena Gomez crashed a wedding in 2011, after hearing a karaoke recording of his song 'One less Lonely Girl'. Ever the bestower of Bieber joy, Justin posed for pictures with the wedding guests.
8. Probably Bieb's biggest scandal to date is when 20-year-old Mariah Yeater sued him for child support claiming Bieber was the father of her baby son. Bieber denied ever having met Yeater and when Bieber agreed to a paternity test her case fell apart. In case we were left in any doubt about the outcome of the test, the track 'Maria' from new album Believe contains these killer lines: "I'm talking to you, Maria / Why you wanna do me like that? / That ain't my baby, that ain't my girl." No confusion there, then.
9. Record-breaking Bieber is the first singer to have seven singles from a debut album chart on the Billboard Hot 100.
10. Bieb's trademark hair was auctioned off to raise money for charity. After Ellen DeGeneres said that all she wanted for her 53rd birthday was a bit of Bieber's trademark fringe, Justin presented her with her wish. But on one condition, Bieber told her: "We want you to donate it to whatever charity you want." The luscious lock sold on eBay for $40,668 (£26,050) all of which was donated to the animal charity Gentle Barn Foundation. Aaaah, charitable Bieber.
Watch the video below to see Justin surprising one shocked Belieber: