Earlier this month, a 23-year-old man alleged that he had a relationship with Clash which began when he was 16 and the voice artist and puppeteer was 45. The age of consent in New York is 17.
Clash, who is now 52 years old, has confirmed that he had a relationship with the man in question. However, he insisted it only began after the complainant reached the age of consent and said that he was "deeply saddened that [the accuser] is trying to make it into something it was not".
The first man ultimately dropped his claim, but Clash stepped down from his job at Sesame Workshop on November 20, saying he had decided that "he can be no longer effective in his job" as a result of the increased media attention.
Following reports last week that a second man has alleged an underage relationship and is suing Clash in federal court for over $5 million (£3.1 million), a third anonymous claimant is now considering civil action, according to the New York Daily News.
Lawyer Jeff Herman has said that his client intends to file a lawsuit at Manhattan Superior Court on Tuesday (November 28), accusing Clash of a sexual relationship which began when the claimant was 16 years old in the year 2000.
A spokesperson for Clash has said that the puppeteer, who has denied all claims of improper sexual conduct, "believes this lawsuit has no merit".