Lily Allen, due to give birth to her second child next month, showed off her burgeoning baby bump in a midnight blue Andrea Lieberman gown, while Ora opted for a plunging aqua Vivienne Westwood frock.
Other guests included Rachel Stevens, in a nude gown, Ronnie Wood and fiancée Sally Humphreys, Hollywood couple Jamie Campbell Bower and Lily Collins, and Princess Beatrice.
Gemma Arterton, Victoria Pendleton, both in Stella McCartney, Nick Cave, Salma Hayek, Kelly Brook, in a plunging black dress, and Delilah, in a sheer Julien MacDonald gown, also graced the red carpet.
Winners of the evening included Alexa Chung, awarded the British Style gong, Cara Delvigne, named 'Model of the Year', and Stella McCartney, honoured with 'Designer of the Year' and the 'Designer Brand' award.
The full list of British Fashion Council Awards 2012 winners is as follows:
- British Style brought to you by Vodafone - Alexa Chung
- Outstanding Achievement in Fashion - Manolo Blahnik CBE
- Emerging Talent Award – Ready-To-Wear - J.W. Anderson
- Emerging Talent Award - Accessories - Sophie Hulme
- Emerging Talent Award - Menswear - Jonathan Saunders
- Special Recognition - Harold Tillman CBE
- Accessory Designer - Nicholas Kirkwood
- Designer Brand - Stella McCartney
- Isabella Blow Award for Fashion Creator - Louise Wilson OBE
- New Establishment - Erdem
- Model - Cara Delvigne
- Menswear Designer - Kim Jones for Louis Vuitton
- Designer of the Year - Stella McCartney