Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy
0

Showbiz News

Lance Armstrong: 'I held nothing back from Oprah in interview'

By
Lance Armstrong has said that he held nothing back from Oprah Winfrey in his forthcoming two-part Next Chapter interview.

Thursday and Friday's one-on-one with Winfrey will mark the first time that Armstrong has spoken at length since the doping scandal that saw him stripped of his seven Tour de France titles and banned from competitive cycling for life.

Lance Armstrong, October 2011 Livestrong summit

© PA Images / Julien Behal / PA Wire



Armstrong said in a text message sent to The AP: "I left it all on the table with her and when it airs the people can decide."

His statement came as a promotional trailer was released showing Winfrey confirming that they had agreed there would be no restraints on what she could ask during the interview.



"We agreed that there would be no conditions on this interview, and that this would be an open field," she says. "So, here we go."

It was reported earlier this week that Armstrong will admit to doping offences in the interview.

Oprah Winfrey photographed in March 2012

© PA Images / Charles Sykes / AP



Winfrey said earlier this week that she was "mesmerised and riveted" by some of Armstrong's answers, and described the interview as the biggest of her career.

Oprah's Next Chapter featuring Lance Armstrong will air in two parts on Thursday (January 17) and Friday (January 18) at 9pm ET (2am UK time).

The interview will also be simulcast worldwide for free on oprah.com.

Photo gallery - This week's celebrity pictures:

You May Like

Comments

Loading...