The Black Sabbath star suffered hand injuries when a blaze broke out in the living room of his Beverly Hills home on January 16 due to a lit candle bursting out of its case.
Beverly Hills firemen were quickly called by Ozzy's wife Sharon Osbourne and put out the fire.
In an interview with Rolling Stone, Ozzy joked that having a fire erupt right in his living room wasn't entirely unusual.
"My wife [Sharon] had left a f**king candle burning downstairs and set the coffee table on fire," he recalled to the magazine.
The heavy metal icon then quipped: "[Sharon] threw some water on the wood and suddenly it was like f**king napalm exploded… Normal day in the Osbourne house."
Sharon has also revealed that the candle that set her home ablaze was actually a gift from her former fellow America's Got Talent judge Howard Stern.
She exited America's Got Talent last year due to a dispute between her son Jack Osbourne and NBC over the reality series Stars Earn Stripes.
View all of today's best celebrity pictures - Photo gallery:
Copyright: WENN Gabor Scott/WENN.com