While not busy blabbing her hubby's secrets, running her own Tex-Mex restaurant and earning a cool £1million as the face of L'Oreal, Eva somehow found time to star in new comedy Over Her Dead Body (we prefer the original title Ghost Bitch!) as a spirit who tries to sabotage her ex's new relationship. As she prepares to haunt cinemas across the UK from Friday, we unveil ten fascinating facts about Wisteria Lane's sultriest star.
1. Eva had a relatively poor upbringing on a ranch outside the small Texan town of Corpus Christi, the youngest of four daughters to Mexican parents. There's obviously something about the letter E in her family - her parents are called Enrique and Ella, and her sisters are Elizabeth, Emily and Esmeralda.
2. Eva has always suspected she was adopted because her sisters all have fair hair, blue eyes and pale skin. She says: "I keep telling them, 'Mum, I can handle it, just tell me!'"
3. Eva gained a degree in Kinesiology (the science of muscle movement) and harboured ambitions to be a sports therapist for the Dallas Cowboys American football team.
4. What was Eva's big break? She played the pivotal role of flight attendant number 3 in a 2000 episode of teen drama Beverly Hills 90210.
5. Before Eva became Eva Longoria Parker, she was Eva Longoria Christopher. She divorced General Hospital star Tyler Christopher in 2004 after two years and wed basketball star Tony Parker in 2007.
6. Eva's dad was a hunter and shooting has always been part of her life. "We didn't do it for cruelty," she insists. "That's how we had dinner! We skinned our dinner." Unfortunately PETA had a different take on the issue!
7. Eva founded her own charity Eva's Heroes, which helps developmentally disadvantaged children. She is also the spokesperson for Padres Contra El Cancer, which aims to improve the quality of life for Latino children with cancer and their families.
8. Although she enjoyed a fling with 'N Sync's JC Chasez, Eva says she would not date celebs because everyone in Hollywood has slept with each other. However, she wouldn't have kicked Brad Pitt or Ewan McGregor out of bed when she was single.
9. Readers started showering Eva with sex toys when she admitted that the best shag she ever had was with a vibrator in 2004. She recalls: "People sent them to me by the truckload. Boxes and boxes and boxes. I gave them to all my girlfriends." Eventually, ABC asked to stop saying the word "vibrator" in interviews.
10. Eva has always been politically active. She has campaigned on issues of climate change and immigration and set up her own production company to work on “political films” aimed at ensuring positive portrayals of Latinos in the media. Could a bid for the White House be in her future?