Girls Aloud's Cheryl Cole
hasn't had the greatest of years so far. With allegations of her footballer husband Ashley cheating, Cheryl ditching then getting back together with him, and rumours of bandmate Nadine jumping the good ship Girls Aloud, it's been a whirlwind start to 2008 for the Geordie popstar.
Contrast Cheryl's year so far with Daniel Craig's and these two British celebs seem to be at polar opposites. After taking a tabloid battering when he was cast as James Bond, Craig went on to give a cracking performance in Casino Royale
. He started 2008 by filming his second Bond adventure Quantum of Solace
and is now reportedly engaged to long-time girlfriend Satsuki Mitchell.
takes you from Cole to Craig through Six Degrees of Separation.Cheryl Cole... Lily Allen
- Cole and Allen famously had an almighty showbiz scrap last year when the Girls Aloud singer made some unflattering comments about Allen to TV chef Gordon Ramsay. Not one to take something like that lightly, Lily hit back on her blog saying "at least I write and SING my own songs". After Cheryl's marriage problems, Allen and Cole look like they've finally ended their feud with Lily admitting "she’s beautiful. That’s why I hated her so much".Lily Allen to... Mark Ronson
- Brit Award winning producer Mark Ronson and Lily worked together when Allen was recording her debut album Alright, Still
. Producing the single 'Littlest Things', Ronson watched from the sidelines as Allen became a pop success. While recording his album Version
, Ronson was able to call up his old pal Lily to sing on a cover of the Kaiser Chiefs' 'Oh My God'.Mark Ronson to... Tom Cruise
- When he's not producing hit singles, Ronson also does a bit of DJ'ing on the side. Most famously he spun vinyl at Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes' wedding reception. Ronson must have been rubbing his eyes in disbelief when, as he began to play the Righteous Brothers' 'You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling', Cruise began to serenade Holmes, recreating the moment in Top Gun
when his character Maverick sings to Kelly McGillis.Tom Cruise to... Nicole Kidman
- Prior to becoming one half of TomKat, Cruise was married to Australian actress Nicole Kidman. Proving that sometimes good things can emerge from something awful, the pair met and fell in love on the set of Days of Thunder
. After nearly a decade of marriage the couple divorced in 2001. Both actors' careers continued to go from strength to strength and Kidman's two big films last year both co-starred the current caretaker of James Bond's ultra-expensive tuxedo.Nicole Kidman to... Daniel Craig
- When Daniel Craig got the call telling him he'd been cast as James Bond he was working on the set of the Nicole Kidman film The Invasion
. He was probably relieved to secure his next job so quickly as The Invasion
tanked at the box office and received a thumbs down from critics. His next film, The Golden Compass
, which also starred Kidman, only fared slightly better. Craig needn't panic just yet, though. His next 007 movie Quantum of Solace
is sure to provide him with another hit.